GIS and Database Specialist
Are you looking for the opportunity to join a great team? To grow with a group of people who are the best at what they do? Look no further!
Civitas, a Sacramento-based consulting firm, is seeking to replace an amazing GIS specialist. We are looking for a true team player, who believes data is beautiful. If you dream of maps, if your shower thoughts are about building Rube-Goldberg machines in spreadsheets, if your dog is tired of hearing you do math out loud – we want you!
In this position, you’ll be responsible for creating parcel maps and accompanying databases. You’ll use ArcMap Desktop and ArcGIS Online for mapping, and Access and Excel for data. You’ll put your natural resourcefulness to work as you seek out the data you need.Although you will spend much of your time with your head down in data, you will also work closely with clients and team members.
Some of the technical skills and abilities you must have to do this job are:
- ArcMap Desktop – Basic geoprocesses, creating and editing layers, cartographic standards, spatial and tabular joins, GIS data management
- ArcGIS Online – create, edit, and deploy online maps
- Microsoft Access – Relational database design, creating queries and reports, basic SQL knowledge
- Microsoft Excel – Tables, conditional formatting, if-then statements
- A desire to grow and develop new products, including new types of maps and data related research projects
Skills not required, but considered a plus:
- Comfortable with basic IT solutions around the office, including setting up new PCs, installing software, and troubleshooting computer issues
- WordPress, familiarity with phone systems
A little about us… we are a close team of professionals working to make a difference.Our team has been carefully hand-picked to be, without question, the best. We’ve been in the business for more than 20 years, and are constantly revolutionizing the industry. Our work helps clean up and promote business districts throughout the country – we create jobs, improve safety, and make neighborhoods better.
To be successful in this position, you will need either a Bachelor’s Degree in GIS and one year of experience, or an Associate’s Degree in GIS and two years’ experience. Experience with an understanding of assessor’s parcel data is also desired.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Benefits include sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance after 30 days and generous vacation plan, including at least 11 paid holidays.Compensation between $16-21 per hour, DOE.
If all of that sounds good to you, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Tell us what makes you qualified for the job – experience, education, your general awesomeness? And give us a short answer to this question: who is your favorite movie character, and why?